Base Creative // Social Media Consultant (2020 - Present)
In November 2020, I was promoted to Social Media Consultant. My responsibilities increased with this role, and I became more involved in working with clients directly, building out social media strategies, and deepening my knowledge in paid social best practices.
My duties so far have included:
- Paid social brand awareness campaigns on TikTok, Facebook and Instagram for companies in the charity sector.
- Setting up influencer collaborations for Instagram and TikTok campaigns.
- Running organic Pinterest campaigns for clients, focusing on new pin types and strategy.
- Audio and video production for internal Base Creative work.
- Full social media strategies & documentation for brands in the professional services sector.
Alongside my work, I also run Sharing Social. As of December 2020, I pivoted the monthly meetup into a monthly podcast, featuring guests from the social media industry.
My responsibilities include:
- Development of the first podcast series
- Audio production of the trailer and episode 1
- Coordination of guests and topics
- Organising regular Clubhouse/Twitter sessions to accompany the podcast.
Base Creative // Social Media Manager (2016 - 2020)
After completing my apprenticeship in early 2016, I spent the next four years developing my skills in social media, taking care to learn more about paid social media strategies alongside running a social media meetup called Sharing Social London, set up in May 2018. This was an event hosted by Base Creative with the aim to “connect the people behind the hashtags together in real life”. As of March 2020, I had to pivot Sharing Social to an online event due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
During my day-to-day to work at Base Creative, my duties included:
- Producing social media strategies for brands in the professional services sector, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Producing documentation including landscape reports, social media playbooks, crisis plans, and monthly reports.
- Ran an organic Pinterest campaign to promote Base Creative blog content.
- Ran a paid LinkedIn and Twitter campaign to promote the rebrand of Base Creative's website.
Additionally to my role, I branched out into public speaking. I delivered a talk called 'Discovering TikTok' at Sharing Social London, Digital Women, Cambridge Social Media Meetup, and the Paid Social Show at BrightonSEO.
Base Creative // Apprentice (2015)
Completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Social Media at Base Creative. My day-to-day role included:
- Learning the fundamentals of digital marketing
- Basic SEO & HTML skills
- Social media creation
- Content creation
- Organic social media activity on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Social media documentation & policy creation